Location: JW Marriott, Grand Rapids
Date: April 29, 2011
Start Time: 7:00 PM
MAP & DIRECTIONS
Arthur Murray Dance Studios (Grand Rapids) have teamed up with the Van Andel Institute to “dance for a ‘vari’ good cause”! Watch local celebrities compete in the ultimate dance-off. And, as a special treat, Alec Mazo and Edyta Sliwinska of Dancing With the Stars will give two spectacular performances. All proceeds benefit disease research and science education at Van Andel Institute.
Spotlight: special guest Stars Alec Mazo & Edyta Sliwinska:
Alec Mazo is best known for being the winner of the first season of “Dancing with the Stars” with Kelly Monaco. He has toured with “Dancing with the Stars” and was featured in the fitness section of the new book. He is a 5 time US National Finalist. Edyta Sliwinska was born in Warsaw, Poland. She started to dance when she was 10 years old. Edyta became a successful ballroom dancer in Poland and achieved a world-class status representing Poland on International competitions all over the world. Read more…
Local Celebrity Dancers Include:
• Bill Simonson, host of “The Huge Show”
• Val Lego, reporter and host of “Healthy You” on WZZM 13
• Ellen Tailor, on-air personality from 105.3 HOT FM and 97.5 NOW FM
• Rachel Mraz, Vice President of the DeVries, Freeburg & Mraz Group at Merrill Lynch and Co-Chair of VAI’s J-Board
• Patrick Miles, Jr., attorney at Dickinson Wright
• David Van Andel, chairman and CEO of Van Andel Institute
Registration / Ticket Options
* Individual Admission includes 1 ticket per person to the event
* VIP Admission includes 1 ticket per person to the event, reserved seating, and admission to the VIP Party prior to the event start (Limited Number Available)
* Cha Cha Cha Sponsor includes 4 tickets to the event, reserved seating, plus name recognition on all event materials
* Salsa, Samba, Mambo Sponsor includes 10 VIP level tickets, VIP reception, meet & greet with dancers and Alec Mazo and Edyta Sliwinska, plus additional name recognition on all event materials
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
VIP Ticket Holders, Sponsors
Meet and Greet with Alec and Edyta including photos
Heavy hors d’oeuvres, desserts and two drinks per person
8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Doors Open for General Ticket Holders
Heavy hors d’oeuvres served
8:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Dance Performances by our contestants and a special performance by Alec Mazo & Edyta Sliwinska
Dancing for a VARI good cause winners announced
10:15 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Music by Soundscape Artist Todd Ernst